WP Cleaner Pro (WordPress Plugin)
Welcome to WP Cleaner Pro, a premium WordPress plugin, the most efficient and easy plugin which cleans and optimizes your WordPress database, making your website faster.
One of the most popular subjects in the WordPress community is speeding up WordPress and optimizing web pages. Databases are the central point of your website: they store all the valuable, important data that you show on your pages to your visitors.
So, WordPress databases are a powerful way to keep your data, but if you use them wrong and you don't maintain them, they can get huge and bloated with useless data. And like any other software, WordPress needs maintenance, too.
This is the role of this plugin: WP Cleaner Pro helps you to professionally clean the obsolete data in your database. It allows you to make an instant cleaning or a scheduled cleaning. Besides cleaning, you can also choose to make a database optimization. Everything with a simple, intuitive interface and optimized for speed. A plugin created by hevada.
This plugin is developed for WordPress single-site installation. It's not recommended for WordPress multi-site installations.
These are the main features of this plugin:
- Instant cleaning of the WordPress database (Trash comments, Spam comments, Waiting for moderation comments, Orphan comment meta, Duplicated comment meta, Pingbacks, Trackbacks, Drafts, Auto-drafts, Revisions, Trash posts, Orphan post meta, Duplicated post meta, Orphan term relationships, Unused terms, Duplicated term meta, Expired transients, Orphan user meta, Duplicated user meta, Subscribers with invalid email, Weird characters from posts, Weird characters from comments, Comment agent from comments, oEmbed caches from posts meta, Links in wp_links table).
- Scheduled cleaning of the WordPress database.
- Optimization of the WordPress database.
- Backup of the WordPress database (create/download/delete backups).
- Cleaning process is logged.
- Logs can be seen and deleted.
- Mobile-friendly admin dashboard.
- 25 types of data that can be cleaned.
- View details of what you clean.
- Choose items to clean.
- Filter items to clean.
- Code checked with PHP CodeSniffer.
- Code developed according to WP coding standards.
- Code optimized for speed.
- Mobile-friendly documentation.
- Translation ready (English .mo and .po included)).
This is the folder structure in the plugin main folder:
The main folder is wp-cleaner-pro; and these are the sub-folders:
- classes (classes with the functionality)
- css (contains the CSS styles)
- documentation (contains plugin documentation)
- js (contains JS and jQuery scripts)
- languages (contains .mo and .po for translations)
- log4php (contains a third-party logging library from: https://logging.apache.org/log4php/)
- views (contains views shown in admin dashboard)
- class-envato-market.php (for automatic Envato updates)
- wpclpro-plugin.php (plugin's main file)
These are the steps to install the plugin:
- Download from Envato Market, on your computer, the plugin's .zip file.
- Go to WordPress admin area and visit Plugins » Add New page.
- After that, click on the Upload Plugin button on top of the page.
- This will bring you to the plugin upload page. Here you need to click on the choose file button and select the plugin zip file downloaded in step 1.
- After you have selected the file, you need to click on the Install Now button.
- WordPress will now upload the plugin file from your computer and install it for you. You will see a success message after installation is finished.
- Once installed, you need to click on the Activate Plugin link to start using the plugin.
- Go to WordPress admin area and visit Tools » WP Cleaner Pro page, to see the plugin dashboard and start cleaning.
Here is a video tutorial showing how to install a premium plugin, with the steps described above.
These are the steps to upgrade the plugin from an old version to a newer version:
- Go to WordPress admin area and visit Plugins page.
- Uninstall completely the WP Cleaner Pro plugin you already have. Delete the plugin files when the WordPress unistaller asks you to. Here is how a plugin can be unistalled successfully.
- Download again from Envato Market, on your computer, the latest version of the plugin as .zip file.
- Install this new version from scratch, according to installation steps.
- Download and install the Envato Market WordPress Plugin from: https://envato.com/market-plugin/ .
- Navigate then to your WordPress admin dashboard, click the Envato Market menu item, then click Plugins tab and click the Update link near the WP Cleaner Pro WordPress Plugin.
To start using the plugin, after its installation, please navigate in the admin Dashboard to Tools >> WP Cleaner Pro. This dahsboard contains 6 (six) tabs in which the admin can perform various actions explained bellow.
The "Clean" tab
On this tab, you can improve the performance of your WordPress database, by cleaning unnecessary items which will also improve the overall performance of your website. Here, you can select all the items from your WordPress database (or a part of them) that can be cleaned. Before cleaning an item, you can view its details, exactly how they appear in the database. The cleaning can be instant (right now) or you can schedule a regular cleaning (monthly, weekly, daily, twice daily or hourly). The scheduled cleaning can be easily unscheduled by clicking the Unschedule link. The cleaner will show after the cleaning process how much free space was gained.
The "Details" tab
When you select an item for cleaning in the Clean tab, its details will appear here, in this Details tab. By default, if no item is selected to view its details, the tab will show all the tables from your WordPress database and how much space each table has.
The "Log" tab
On this tab, you will see the logs of previous cleaning processes. The logs can be of these types: DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, FATAL. The logs are saved in the database in a special table (other than WordPress tables). You can bulk delete all the logs to clear some space in the database. The logs can be filtered by type.
The "Backup" tab
On this tab, you can create and download a backup of your database (which is recommended regularly, it ensures so that the cleaning process does not delete permanently any important data). The backups are created in the uploads/wp-cleaner-pro folder in your WordPress installation folder. The generated backup is a .sql file (which can be restored anytime in your cPanel in your hosting panel). You can delete a particular backup, one by one, or you can delete all the backups at once.
The "Support" tab
From this tab, you can contact the plugin author, for support, For support, you will have to copy-paste in your support ticket the technical details presented in this tab, for a faster and more efficient support.
The "About" tab
This tab show some information about the plugin, together with a short explanation of the meaning of each item that can be cleaned in the Clean tab.
I'm getting a WordPress PHP Error "Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded".
There are few ways to increase the execution time for an initiated process. Either you can increase that by adding a line in wp-config.php or HTACCESS or php.ini file hosted on your web server. There is no need to make all three changes as any one of these works fine. That means, it is up to your convenience to choose any one of these three ways to increase the set maximum execution time for your server. For WordPress, it is much easier to do that by changing Wp-config.php file which is available in the root of the installation.
1. By Wp-config.php Changes
Important – If you are making changes in wp-config.php, then add this line before "/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */"" comment.
2. In htaccess
php_value max_execution_time 60
3. Addition in php.ini file
max_execution_time = 30 ;
By default, the maximum execution time on web servers remains at 30 seconds. You can change that amount to provide more time for certain executions on your server.
I'm getting a "Allowed Memory Size of certain bytes exhausted" error.
Open wp-config.php file in any text editor you use to edit html or php, and go to the end of the file, before "/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */"" comment. Add there this code:
If the error goes away, leave this value. If the error is still there, try to incease the 64M value to 128M or higher, until the error goes away.
I'm getting a "Request timeout error" and I am using a LiteSpeed server.
In the .htaccess file that is in the root of your WordPress installation folder, add this line:
RewriteRule .* – [E=noabort:1]
RewriteRule .* – [E=noconntimeout:1]
I'm getting another error and I don't know what to do.
Please open a support ticket at http://support.hevada.com
- optimized the fonts loading
- optimized the progress bar
- added Envato Market plugin support
- ignore coding standards when trying to raise PHP limits
- ignore logs size when calculating database size
- clean old logs before starting a cleaning
- updated translation files
- added ignore warnings to ini_get, ini_set and ini_restore (needed for some hosting providers)
- added raise of time limits to the main form
- extracted raise/restore time limits to an utility method
- disabled Pace loader for Ajax requests (as it is not necessary).
- first version